Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. Although you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy chicken & veggie curry recipe. You can cook healthy chicken & veggie curry using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry:
- Take 500 grams of Chicken breast or thigh meat.
- Prepare 2 medium of Carrots.
- Provide 2 medium of Onions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic (finely chopped or thinly sliced).
- You need 2 tsp of Soup stock granules.
- Provide 1 of Grated potato.
- Get 1/2 of Grated apple.
- Use 100 ml of or more Canned tomato (whole or diced).
- Provide 1000 ml of Water.
- Use 2 tbsp of Curry powder.
- Take 2 of blocks Store-bought curry roux (mild-spicy or spicy).
- Provide 2 tbsp of Olive oil or vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Yogurt.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Honey or sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of or more Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
Steps to make Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry:
- Finely chop the onions and garlic. Mince the carrots in a food processor. Grate the apple and potato. Blend the canned tomatoes in the food processor..
- Put the finely chopped onions in a plastic container, add 1 tablespoon of butter, cover with a lid (or cling film), and microwave for 7-8 minutes..
- Pour the oil in a pot, sauté the garlic over low heat until fragrant. Add the onions from Step 2, and sauté until lightly browned. Add more oil, and fry the chicken and carrots..
- Add the water, canned tomatoes, grated vegetables and soup stock granules, and simmer for a while, skimming any scum from the surface..
- Lightly roast the curry powder in a frying pan over low heat. If you don't use any store-bought curry roux, add more curry powder..
- After simmering for 30-40 minutes, add the curry powder, and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat. Finally, add the roux, yogurt, Worcestershire-style sauce, and honey to adjust..
- You can fry the chicken before you sauté the onions (take the chicken out after frying, and set it aside). Yogurt is optional..
- If sautéing the onions is too much trouble for you, you can just lightly sauté them after microwaving. (Microwave for a little longer in this case.).
- You can grate the potato and apple directly into the pot as it simmers. You can slice the onions instead of finely chopping..
- You can use 2 cans of tomatoes, if you like. You don't have to use potato if you use store-bought curry roux..
- If you don't add the curry powder in Step 6, it will be a tomato soup.. Add more water and tomatoes to taste. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143374-healthy-chicken-tomato-soup.
- This is delicious with chicken drumettes..
- Turmeric Rice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143375-turmeric-rice-for-curry.
If you find this Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.