Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a few small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. Even more important than entirely modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. In time, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamacian style curry chicken recipe. You can have jamacian style curry chicken using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Jamacian Style Curry Chicken:
- You need 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 pckg thighs.
- Provide 2-4 tbs of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of ground all spice.
- Use 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Get of Salt for water.
- Prepare to taste of Thyme.
- Take of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of white vinegar.
- You need 1 of red tomato.
- Prepare 1 of onion (red or yellow).
- Use 2 of carrots.
- Use 1 of red pepper.
- Get 1 of green pepper.
- Provide 1 of green onion/scallion.
- Get 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Get 4-6 of white potatoes.
- Use 2 of scotch bonnet peppers (optional).
- Take 2 tbs of sofrito (optional..I used bc I didn't have scotch bonnet).
Steps to make Jamacian Style Curry Chicken:
- Rinse chicken with water. Cut into bite size pieces. Place in salt water..
- Pat dry. Chop onion, peppers, tomato & scallon. Add 2tbs curry powder, all spice, black pepper to chicken. Add vegetables & minced garlic. (Add sofrito if desired) Marinate overnight in the fridge..
- Over medium heat add olive oil & 2 tbs curry powder. Add seasoned chicken mixture to pan, let brown 10 minutes. Chop potatoes & put in water so they don't turn. Chop carrots..
- After 10 minutes, add potatoes, carrits & thyme. (Fresh is better, but my store didn't have any). Add vinegar. (Your choice to add water, I added half of the potato water to get a little sauce for rice). Allow to simmer on medium-low to low for 45 minutes with the lid on. Serve over white rice. Add a sprinkle of salt if desired..
If you find this Jamacian Style Curry Chicken recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.