Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you presently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash mac and cheese with bacon recipe. You can have butternut squash mac and cheese with bacon using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon:
- Get 3 cups of macaroni noodles.
- Provide 2 cups of diced butternut squash.
- You need 1 lbs of bacon, diced.
- Take 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1.5 tsp of dried thyme.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Take 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Provide to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Use 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Use 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- Provide 1 cups of gruyere cheese.
Steps to make Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon:
- In a large pot, cook pasta just shy of el dente.
- Meanwhile in an oven proof skillet, brown bacon..
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside in colander. Then place the pot back on the heat, boil water and cook the diced butternut squash until soft. Drain the water from the squash, add the chicken broth and blend with hand blender. Once blended add the cream. (If you dont have a hand blender, add all this to a blender and blend until smooth and return back to the pot..
- Going back to the skillet, once bacon is crisp, remove and set aside. Drain some of the fat from the pan. Add your onions and garlic and seasoning (except paprika) and cook until onions are translucent. This is for about 5 min. Then add your wine to deglaze. Turn off heat..
- Going back to the pot with the butternut squash puree, once it's warmed through add 2 cups of your shredded cheese and your paprika and stir. Remove from heat. Add your onion mixture to the pot. Mix to combine..
- Add your cooked macaroni to your cheesy sauce and mix. Stir in half of your crumbled bacon..
- Pour everything back into your oven safe skillet (or leave it in the pot IF its oven proof) top your mac with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake in oven at 375°F for 30-35min or until bubbly and brown..
If you find this Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.