Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Snacks.
We all know that eating healthy snacks can help us really feel better within our bodies. If we eat more healthy meals and less of the bad ones we usually feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are excellent for a easy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Whole grains are usually better than highly processed grains present in white bread.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai prawns/shrimp red curry recipe. You can have thai prawns/shrimp red curry using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry:
- You need 250 grams of prawns or shrimp.
- You need 1 cup of water / coconut water.
- Get 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Get 2 of medium onions fine paste.
- Use 1 of small onion small onion cut in four pieces and get petals.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of crushed peanuts.
- Prepare 2-3 of bird eye red chillies slit diagonally.
- You need for of Thai Red Curry Paste or Massaman curry paste.
- Get 10-15 of Lemon grass stems.
- Use 10-15 of dried red Kashmiri chillies soaked in warm water.
- You need 50 grams of thick Galangal.
- Provide 4 inch of ginger.
- Take 10-15 of garlic cloves.
- Get 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 4 of shallots.
- Provide 1 tsp of cardamom seeds.
- Get as taste of Salt.
- Provide 1 tsp of groundnut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Palm sugar (optional).
Steps to make Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry:
- The first step is to make curry paste which can preserved and refrigerated, I am not adding time of making this amazing aromatic and flavourful paste. Fry shallots pieces in oil for two minutes, and garlic, galangal, ginger, salt, cardamoms seeds, fry for 5 minutes, add soaked chillies and fish sauces. Cook it for 1 minutes and then make a fine paste. This paste can be used to make red curry 3 times..
- Wash prawns, devein and clean. Add pinch of salt and 1/2 lemon juice. Keep aside for a while..
- Make fine paste of 2 middle size onions, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, bird eye chilli, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 cup of red curry paste.
- In a wok or Kadhai, add 3 spoons of cooking oil (use olive, coconut or ground nut) fry chopped garlic and then fry onion paste, add ginger garlic paste, fry for 6-7 minutes.
- Now add red curry paste (if paste is thick or dry use some water to make it paste like) fry for 5 minutes till you can see oil starts to separate.
- Now add onion shallots or onion petals, two whole Kashmiri chillis (optional to make It more spicy) sauté for a minute and then add Prawns.
- You can crushed peanuts now over prawns.
- Add coconut water or normal water as per availability, of course coconut water will give you best results..
- Then add chopped bird eye chillies, and then cook for 2 monies so that prawns are well cooked, don’t over cook them..
- Once water is 20% reduced and you can see prawns.. turn off the flame and add coconut milk and mix it well, add salt to taste..
- Add 1/2 lemon juice in curry.
- Serve with hot sticky rice or over cooked basmati rice. You can also use Thai Jasmin rice..
If you find this Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.