Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lentils and Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentils and Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most important thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentils and bacon soup recipe. You can have lentils and bacon soup using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lentils and Bacon Soup:
- Provide 150 grams of Dried lentil beans.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Use 1 of Tomato.
- Provide 1 clove of Garlic.
- Use 1 1/2 of cm Fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper (optional).
- Take 1 of heaping teaspoon Coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 of Vegetable or chicken stock.
- Get 3 of lashers Bacon.
- Provide 1 of to garnish Daikon radish sprouts (optional).
- Take 1 of squeeze Lemon.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of refer to the step Water.
Instructions to make Lentils and Bacon Soup:
- Finely chop the tomato, onion, garlic, and ginger. Soak 150 g of lentils in 400 ml of water in a heatproof dish..
- Heat oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the garlic and ginger. Microwave the lentils for 15 minutes..
- Add the onions and stir-fry for 3 minutes until the color becomes like this..
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cayenne pepper and coriander. Mix well. If you stir over heat, it becomes thick and sticky..
- Slice the bacon into strips and fry without oil (use oil rendered from the bacon) until crisp..
- Remove the lentils from the microwave. It's cooked if it's soft like mashed potatoes..
- Add lentils with the water to the paste made in Step 4. Add water (not listed) until 4 to 5 cm above the surface, and mix well..
- If you mix well, the result will be a slightly thick soup. If it's too dense, dilute with water..
- Add a modest amount of soup stock and 4/3 of the bacon. Simmer over a low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust the taste by adding salt..
- Top with the remaining bacon and lemon, and enjoy. Squeeze some lemon juice before serving..
- It goes well with rice, naan, and bread. You could mix in a portion of rice into the curry and let the flavors meld..
If you find this Lentils and Bacon Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.