Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mauritian Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mauritian Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Choosing to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. Even more crucial than completely modifying your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate previously.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mauritian curry recipe. To cook mauritian curry you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mauritian Curry:
- You need 2 Tbs of Olive oil.
- Use 8 of Curry leaves.
- Provide 1 of Onion, Chopped.
- Use 3 of Garlic Cloves.
- Use 1 Inch of Ginger, Finley chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- Get 4 of Birds eye Chillies, Chopped.
- Provide of Couple sprigs of Thyme.
- Provide 3 Tbs of Mauritian Curry powder or Garam Masala.
- Prepare 600 g of Chicken Thighs.
- Get 2 of Tomatoes, Chopped.
- Take 3 of Potatoes, Cubed.
- Provide 1/2 of Red Onion, Finley sliced.
- Prepare of Corriander leaves for garnish.
Steps to make Mauritian Curry:
- Add the Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Chillies, Thyme, Curry leaves and cinnamon stick to a pre heated pan with oil. Fry down ingredients for about 5 minutes until onions are soft..
- Add the Curry Powder to a bit of water and create a paste. Add this to the pan and stir in. Keep on a medium low heat and be carefull not to burn the spices..
- I like to remove the skin, De bone and clean the chicken up before adding it..
- Add the chicken pieces, Chopped tomatoes and potatoes, thoroughly coat with the spices. Add warm water just below the level of the chicken and potatoes..
- Cook for around 25 minutes or till the chicken and potatoes are cooked through..
- Garnish with Corriander and thinly sliced red onions, Serve with rice or fresh Rotis👌.
If you find this Mauritian Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.