Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tonkatsu or katsu curry recipe. To make tonkatsu or katsu curry you need 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry:
- You need of Sushi rice:.
- Use 2-3 cups of rice (use more or less).
- Provide of For the breaded meat:.
- Provide 1 box of pork loin (contains about 4-5 pieces) or 2 chicken breasts cut in half longways (to make 4 pieces).
- Provide of Salt & pepper for seasoning.
- Get 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- Take 2 of large eggs beaten.
- Get 1 cup of panko (Japanese breadcrumbs).
- Use 4-5 cups of vegetable oil, for cooking the breaded meat.
- You need of For the vegetables:.
- Take 2 of carrots, sliced into rounds.
- Use 1 of medium onion, chopped into quarter slices.
- Use 6 of button mushrooms cut in half.
- Use 1 of broccoli florets, sliced in half or use mangetout sliced in half.
- Use 5 of small Maris Piper potatoes, sliced in half.
- You need of For the curry sauce:.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Get 5 cups of boiled water (from kettle).
- Get 1 block of Japanese curry sauce (S&B Golden Curry Mix).
- Get of For garnish:.
- Take 1 tablespoon of black or white sesame seeds, sprinkle over rice (optional).
Steps to make Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry:
- Add the rice to the rice cooker. Wash and rinse it a few times until it is no longer cloudy. Cook the rice and leave it there until ready for serving..
- Peel and slice carrots into rounds 0.5cm. Peel the onions and cut into quarter slices. Cut the mushrooms and broccoli florets in half. Slice the potatoes into quarters and set the vegetables aside..
- Boil about 5 cups of water in a kettle to save time. On medium heat, in a medium sized sauce pan place the carrots and potatoes. Add the hot water enough to cover the vegetables and cook until soft. In a colander drain the vegetables and set the carrots and potatoes aside..
- On medium heat, add oil in a wok and let it heat up for about a minute. Place onions in wok and sauté the onions until it becomes translucent, then add the carrots and potatoes and stir. Cook it for about a minute. Now add broccoli or mangetout and mushrooms and then the hot water (from kettle) enough to cover the vegetables. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add the block of the curry sauce (add more or less depending on preference). Let it simmer gently, turning down the heat to low for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally from time to time to prevent sauce and vegetables from sticking and burning. Then turn off heat and set aside..
- In the meantime as the curry cooks, prepare the pork by pounding each lion piece one by one until 0.5cm thick. Season with salt & pepper (add as much or little as you like)..
- In two separate baking trays place the flour in one (season with a small amount of pepper & salt – optional) and in the other the panko breadcrumbs. In a bowl gently beat the eggs..
- Take a piece of pork lion (I used pork) or chicken breast and fully coat it all over in the flour on both sides. Dip into the egg and let any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Then place the pork in the panko breadcrumbs and cover the meat with it on both sides (including the edges). Place this on a large baking tray. Repeat the steps until all the pork has been used and set aside..
- In a wok or large pot add oil for shallow frying the breaded pork. On medium heat let the oil heat up. Drop a piece of panko breadcrumb into the oil. If it sizzles then the oil is ready. Place a piece of breaded meat into the wok. Let one side turn slightly golden brown before turning. Once brown turn over. Turn once more..
- When golden brown transfer onto kitchen paper placed on top of a plate or tray to allow the excess oil to drain. Repeat the process until all meat has been used..
- Place one breaded pork or chicken piece onto a chopping board. Cut into several slices (place remaining cooked meat in oven, on low temperature to keep warm) or leave whole. On a serving plate, add the rice, place the sliced meat next to it. Then ladle the curry sauce either on the side or on top of meat and rice (add as much or little as you wish). Garnish with sesame seeds (optional)..
If you find this Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.