Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Choosing to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more important than totally changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to muthia (bottle gourd dumplings) recipe. You can cook muthia (bottle gourd dumplings) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings):
- You need 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Use 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of ajwain.
- Use 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Get 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Provide 1 – 2 of chilis green chopped finely.
- Get 1 tsp of ginger , minced.
- Take 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 2 tbsps of cilantro chopped (optional).
- Provide 1/4 of lemon juice of.
- Get 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need to taste of salt pepper and.
- You need 1 cup of bottle gourd shredded.
- Prepare of For Frying.
- Get 1 of asafoetida oil.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of asafoetida.
- Use 1 tbsp of sesame seed.
- You need of cilantro coconut fresh or flakes for garnish.
Steps to make Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings):
- Mix the baking soda, oil and flour together till uniform. Add ajwain, turmeric, asafoetida, coriander powder, ginger,lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper..
- Lightly squeeze the shredded bottle gourd and reserve the water in a separate bowl for later..
- Fold the bottle gourd tinto the batter until it is the consistency of playdough. If needed add the water you squeezed out of the bottle gourd to get the correct consistency..
- Using greased hands, shape the muthia by rolling the dough out into 1'' wide cylinders that are each 3-4 inches long and then gently squeezing with your fist. Now steam the muthia on a greased plate for 20-25 minutes on medium heat. Make sure that the muthia do not overlap each other. You will know if the muthia are cooked through by using the toothpick test..
- Let the muthia cool until they are easy to touch without burning and then slice them into 1/2 inch thick slices..
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining tbsp of oil and add 1/2 tsp asafoetida and sesame seeds. Stir in the muthia and cook until they turn light brown and look crispy on the outside..
- Garnish with coconut flakes and/or cilantro and serve..
If you find this Muthia (Bottle Gourd Dumplings) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.