Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Samosa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Samosa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One healthy substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian samosa recipe. To make vegetarian samosa you only need 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Samosa:
- Prepare 1 of Chopped Onion.
- Use 1 of Grated Carrot.
- You need Half of a mug of Peas.
- You need 1 Packet of Instant Mash Potato.
- You need 2 of Clothes of Chopped Garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Vegetable Stock Cubes.
- Take 1 Pint of Water.
- Provide 1 of Heaped Dessert Spoon of Mild Curry Powder.
- Take 1 Teaspoon of Ground Turmeric.
- Get of Salt & Pepper to season.
- You need 4 Sheets of Pancake/Samosa Pastry.
- Get of Egg White to seal.
- Get of Cooking Oil in a pan or deep fat fryer.
Steps to make Vegetarian Samosa:
- Place all the vegetables, water, stock cubes, curry & Turmeric powder into a saucepan and simmer until soft..
- Remove the pan from the heat and place the mix into a bowl and slowly add the dried potato powder until it’s thickened. I like to keep it a little moist like a wet mash. Add salt and pepper to taste, then leave to cool..
- Take 4 sheets of pastry and cut in half..
- There are two ways to fill Samosas, by creating an envelope folding the pastry down into triangles or the way I will show you to get the same effect..
- Place a heaped dessert spoonful of cold mixture in the top corner leaving an edge. Fold over the first turn to create your first triangle, then fold again to make another triangle and repeat the pattern until you reach the bottom. Brush with egg white to create the seal on the last turn..
- You can also make mini cocktail rolls for party dinner canapés..
- Preheat your oil to about 180 or (test with a corner to see if it’s bubbling).
- I normally put 2 in at a time because it’s easier to manage, they only require about 30 seconds max on each side, then flip over until both sides are golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on a cooling rack with a catch tray underneath. That’s it, you are ready to serve..
- They can be made in advance and reheated in an oven, ideal snack and easy to make. If you like spicy food try adding some chilli to the veg mix prior to cooking. As always, enjoy..
If you find this Vegetarian Samosa recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.