Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Curry Noodle (Mee kari) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Curry Noodle (Mee kari) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Noodle (Mee kari) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to curry noodle (mee kari) recipe. To make curry noodle (mee kari) you need 31 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Noodle (Mee kari):
- You need of A. Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 of whole Chicken (small size).
- Use 5 of crushed garlic (chicken cavity).
- Provide 5 slices of ginger (chicken cavity).
- Take 8 slices of ginger.
- Prepare 3 stalks of lemon grass – bruised.
- Get 5 of garlic – crushed.
- Use 2-3 tsp of chicken bouillon powder.
- Get of B. Blend smoothly.
- Take 1 of large yellow/brown onion.
- Use 1 stalk (7 cm) of lemon grass – sliced.
- Get 2 inch of galangal / ginger.
- Get 6 of garlics.
- You need 8 of candlenuts.
- Prepare of C. Curry Mixture (paste).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of meat curry powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of ground dried shrimp.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chili powder/chilli paste.
- Provide of D. Coconut Milk (add last to the broth).
- Get 1 tin of coconut cream (see pic).
- Get 1 tin of coconut milk (see pic).
- Get 1-2 tsp of chicken bouillon (or to taste).
- Take of Salt (to taste).
- Take of E. Accompaniments.
- Prepare of Yellow noodle or vermicelli.
- Get of (blanched/soften).
- Use of Chopped Chicken (from A).
- Use of Fresh washed bean sprouts (or blanched).
- Take of Blanched Fish ball / fish cake.
- Provide of Coriander/continental parsley (opt).
- Take of (Chopped & sprinkle on top).
Instructions to make Curry Noodle (Mee kari):
- Prepare the broth. See attached pic for broth. Chicken need to be fully covered in water. Cover & let boil. Once boil, removed lid let boil for 5-10mins. Turn heat to the mid lower setting & simmer for 25mins with lid on. Remove chicken from the pot & let dry. Prepare ingredients. See pic. Use pure coconut milk. See pic. Many brands add xanthan gum, thickener & many "non-coconut" extras in their canned coconut milk. Read label before buying canned coconut milk..
- Blend ingredients in B with a bit of water until smooth & pasty. Prepare ingredients in C with enough water to make a smooth curry paste. Heat wok/big pot with 1/2 cup of cooking oil. Add blended spices & sauté until translucent & aromatic. Add in curry paste. Keep stirring until aromatic for 5mins or more..
- Next, add chicken broth to the wok/big pot. Stir or whisk to combine. Let boil. Meanwhile, prepare accompaniments – blanch fishball/fishcake & yellow noodles or soften Vermicilli. Next, pour coconut milk into the wok/big pot of boiling broth. (Note: shake or whisk coconut milk in separate bowl as it curdle sometimes). Stir curried broth to mix. Taste & adjust seasoning accordingly. It should be lightly strong as blanched noodle/vermicelli is tasteless. Simmer until it bubbles then Turn off heat..
- Order to assemble – noodles/vermicelli, curried broth, chopped chicken, fish ball/fish cake, bean sprout. Serve hot. Assemble only before serving. Reheat curried broth (if necessary) just before serving. When reheating curried broth, turn off heat immediately right after broth just bubbled or boiled. Do not leave broth boiling too long as it has coconut milk that would turn oily when left boiling longer than necessary..
If you find this Curry Noodle (Mee kari) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.