Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect The two cheeses lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to The two cheeses lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. One wholesome alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to the two cheeses lasagna recipe. You can have the two cheeses lasagna using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook The two cheeses lasagna:
- Provide 60 grams of chedder cheese.
- You need 1 of large carrot chopped into 1cm cubes.
- Use 1 of onion, chopped finely.
- Get 1 of Celery stalk finely chopped.
- You need 500 grams of minced beef.
- Take 1 of Glass Italian dry red wine.
- Take 400 grams of Tinned Chopped Tomatoes.
- Take 1 tbsp of Tomato puree.
- Take 1 of courgette chopped into 1cm cubes.
- Use 9 of Sheets fresh lasagne each about 10x18cm.
- Prepare 1 of Cold Salted butter cut into 1cm cubes.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 100 grams of Salted Butter.
- Use 100 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 liter of full fat cold milk.
- You need 50 grams of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 of Freshly grated nutmeg.
- You need 10 of Basil leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Instructions to make The two cheeses lasagna:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion,carrot and celery for five minutes. Add the minced beef and continue to cook for a further five minutes, stirring continuously, until coloured all over .Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for five minutes stirring occasionally..
- Pour in the wine ,stir well and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the wine has evaporated. Add the chopped tomatoes, the tomato puree, the courgettes and the basil, lower the heat and continue to cook for one hour uncovered until you get a beautiful rich sauce. Stir occasionally. After about 30 minutes taste for seasoning..
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180C/350f/gas mark 4 and make the bechamel sauce. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the cold milk ,reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes whisking constantly. Once thickened stir in half of the parmesan cheese with the nutmeg. Season and set aside to cool slightly..
- Spread a quarter of the bechemel sauce in the base of a deep 2.2 litre oven proof dish. Cover with 3 lasagna sheets , cutting them if necessary to fit the dish. Spread with half the meat sauce then top with a third of the remaining bechemel sauce. Cover with 3 sheets of lasagna and with the remaining meat sauce. Spread over half of the remaining bechemel sauce then add a final layer of lasagna sheets and gently spread the rest of the bechemel sauce on top ensuring the lasagna sheets are completely covered..
- Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and scatter over the cubed butter. Grind some black pepper over the whole lasagna.
- Cook on the lowest shelf of the oven for 30 minutes then place the dish on the middle shelf ,raise the oven temperature to 200C gas mark 6 and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes until golden and crispy all over.
If you find this The two cheeses lasagna recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.