Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Low Carb Braised Beef Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Low Carb Braised Beef Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low Carb Braised Beef Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Opting to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to low carb braised beef stew recipe. You can cook low carb braised beef stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Low Carb Braised Beef Stew:
- Take 1 kg of Beef (any tough cut eg beef cheeks) cut into large chunks.
- Get 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- Use 2 of Brown Onions – sliced.
- Provide 2 of Bay leaves.
- Provide 1 tsp of Crushed Garlic.
- Use 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Take 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of Chilli Flakes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Tomato Paste.
- You need 4 cups of Beef Stock.
- You need 1/3 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 7 of Red Radishes.
- Take 2 Stalks of Celery (roughly chopped).
- Prepare 4 of Carrots (rougly chopped).
- Use of Olive Oil.
Steps to make Low Carb Braised Beef Stew:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees fan forced. Season the flour with salt & pepper and cover the beef with the seasoned flour and batch fry to seal the meat in a oven ready cast iron pan. Remove the meat and set aside..
- In the same pan add the onion, bay leaves and garlic and fry until lightly browned. Adding a dash of water to scrape any meat residue from the bottom of the pan..
- Add the spices (paprika, coriander & chilli) to the onion, cook till fragrant for 1 minute then add the tomato paste. Stir through then add the chopped vegetables. Stir to coat well..
- Add the meat incl meat juices to the dish and coat well. Add the beef stock and soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover then move to the preheated oven and braise for 1.5 hours..
- After 1.5 hours remove from oven, stir through, cover and braise for another hour. After 2.5 hours the meat should be tender and it should be ready to serve. You can serve with toasted baguette slices. Enjoy 😋.
If you find this Low Carb Braised Beef Stew recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.