Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything straightaway or that you need to altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to goan prawn 🍤 curry recipe. You can have goan prawn 🍤 curry using 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry:
- Take of Marination.
- Use 340 g of peeled and deveined washed prawns/shrimp.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Take 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- Provide of Blending.
- Use 1 cup of dry/fresh grated coconut 🥥.
- Use 3 of dry red chillies 🌶.
- Take 1/2 of small onion.
- Get 1/2 of small tomato 🍅.
- Get 3-5 of garlic pods.
- Take 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Take 2/3 cup of water.
- Provide of Main Procedure.
- Get 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion (finely chopped).
- Provide 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste.
- You need 1 of slit green chilli (optional).
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- Provide 1-2 cups of Water to adjust consistency (as per your convenience).
- Use of Garnishing.
- Use 1 tablespoon of cilantro leaves (finely chopped).
Steps to make Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry:
- Start by marinating the washed prawns/shrimp with all the ingredients mentioned for marination.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above for blending in a blending jar and blend to a smooth paste by adding water little by little.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wide saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and 1 green chilli (optional) sauté for a minute till the onion gets translucent.
- Turn the heat to medium or low, and add the paste. Be very careful at this point, as the paste splashes.
- Let the paste cook with the onion for about a minute.
- Now add 1/4 cup of water and wait till it bubbles.
- Add salt as per taste and a tablespoon of tamarind paste.
- Cook for a minute and add the marinated prawns 🦐/shrimp.
- Add water to adjust the consistency as per your choice and cover it with a lid and let it bubble on low flame for 5 minutes (I added 1/2 cup).
- Now turn the flame to high and let it bubble for another 5 minutes without the lid on till the shrimp is fully cooked. (don’t over cook or the shrimp will become rubbery).
- Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Perfect with steamed rice 🍚 Enjoy 😉👍🏻.
If you find this Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.