Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Goan fish curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Goan fish curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan fish curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, just making some small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One way to address this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything at once or that you should completely get rid of certain foods from your diet. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan fish curry recipe. You can cook goan fish curry using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Goan fish curry:
- Use 4 of cardamom pods,seeds only.
- Get 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Take 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated unsweetened coconut.
- Use 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Provide 4 cloves of garlic,crushed.
- Provide 2 tsp of ginger,chopped.
- Take 2 of mild red chilies.
- Get 1 tsp of each ground cumin,turmeric,paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Use 2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 580 ml of coconut milk.
- Provide 680 g of firm – fleshed white fish fillets,cut into 4 – inch pieces.
- Get 1 of small potato,peeled and diced quite small.
- Provide 12 of large prawns, peeled and deveined.
- Use 4 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander.
- Take 2 of tomatoes,chopped to serve.
Instructions to make Goan fish curry:
- In small saucepan over medium heat, dry -fry the cardamom seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds,until they begin to jump.Remove from heat, tip into a mortar and grind to a powder with the pestle.set aside.Add the coconut to the saucepan and toast until golden brown.remove from heat and set aside.In a medium frying pan,heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes.Add garlic,ginger,chilies,cumin,turmeric,paprika, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.Tip in the ground spices,.
- Toasted coconut and tamarind paste.Transfer to the slow cooker,and add the coconut milk.Stir together to combine.Place the fish and potato in the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.Thirty minutes before the end of cooking time,add the prawns and stir gently to coat in sauce.Before serving,adjust the seasoning as needed,stir in the coriander and garnish with chopped tomatoes..
If you find this Goan fish curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.