Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sri Lankan fish curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sri Lankan fish curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Choosing to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few modest changes.
These types of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sri lankan fish curry recipe. To cook sri lankan fish curry you only need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sri Lankan fish curry:
- Prepare 1 Clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Lime.
- Provide 10 g of Coriander.
- Prepare 150 g of Jasmine rice.
- Take 1 of Vegetable oxo cube.
- Use 30 g of Tomato puree.
- Provide 200 ml of Coconut milk.
- Provide 230 g of Chickpeas.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
- You need 200 kg of Coley fillet.
- Use 1 1/2 Teaspoons of curry powder.
Steps to make Sri Lankan fish curry:
- Getting the prep done! Peel and grate the garlic. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Zest the lime and then cut the lime into wedges. Chop the coriander. Lastly cut the coley fillet into small chunks..
- Get a pan filled with water and bring to boil. Add salt then the jasmine rice and cook till tender. Once cooked add lime zest and use a fork to fluff up the rice..
- Put a little oil in a large sauce pan. When hot add chickpeas in and cook for a minute then add the garlic, tomato puree and curry powder and cook for another 2 minutes then pour in the water vegetable oxo cube and coconut milk..
- Bring the sauce to a boil and add the fish (making sure all fish is submerged in the liquid). Put a lid on and simmer till fish is cooked (8-10mins roughly) then season..
- Serve the curry ontop of rice and sprinkle the freshly cut coriander then add a lime wedge to finish this lovely dish..
If you find this Sri Lankan fish curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.