Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Salisbury Steak recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Salisbury Steak recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salisbury Steak recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making some modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can also be good for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It might be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to salisbury steak recipe. To cook salisbury steak you need 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Salisbury Steak:
- Take of Beef Patties:.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Use 1 of large egg.
- Take 2 tbsp. of finely diced onion.
- Get 1 clove of garlic, grated or very finely minced.
- Use 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Take 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- Use 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Provide of Gravy:.
- Get 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Take 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 8 oz. of mushrooms, sliced thinly.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ketchup.
- Get 1 tsp. of dijon mustard.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Salisbury Steak:
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, get the olive oil heating over medium heat. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, onions, garlic, Worcestershire, ketchup, salt and pepper until well mixed. Then use your hands to form them into 4 patties. Place the patties in the skillet and cook them for 5-7 minutes per side, until a nicely browned crust forms. Once done with that, set them on a plate and cover loosely with foil..
- Wipe out the skillet and add the butter. Once it melts, add the onions. Cook until they begin to soften, then add the mushrooms and ground thyme. Cook another 4-7 minutes, until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are browned and tender. Add the garlic and cook until just fragrant, then sprinkle over the flour and stir to combine. Cook another 2 or so minutes, stirring it around often, before stirring in the Worcestershire, ketchup and dijon mustard..
- Stir the broth into the onion mixture and season with the salt and pepper. Let this come up to a simmer. Then nestle the patties back into the skillet, spooning some of the gravy over the tops. Cover with the lid and cook for 10 or so minutes, until the patties are fully cooked through. Then serve..
If you find this Salisbury Steak recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.