Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Palak Paneer recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Palak Paneer recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to palak paneer recipe. To make palak paneer you need 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Palak Paneer:
- Provide of For Palak Puree.
- You need 200-250 grams of spinach or 5 to 6 cups roughly chopped spinach.
- Use 2 of green chilies, chopped.
- Provide 3 cups of water for blanching spinach.
- Provide 3 cups of water for ice bath.
- Prepare of Other Ingredients.
- Take 1 of medium sized tomato – finely chopped.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of hing.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 of small to medium tej patta.
- Use 200-250 grams of paneer.
- Provide 1/3-1/2 cup of water or add as required.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of cream.
- You need 2 tablespoon of oil or ghee.
Instructions to make Palak Paneer:
- Making Palak Puree Rinse the palak leaves very well in running water. Tender stem are fine. If the stems are stringy, then discard the stems. Boil 3 cups water in a pan. Add ¼ tsp salt to the hot water and stir. When the water comes to a rolling boil, switch off the flame. Add the spinach leaves in the hot water. Let the palak leaves sit in the water for about 1 minute..
- After 1 minute, take the leaves. Immediately transfer palak in a pan or bowl containing ice cold water. This method helps in preserving the green color of the spinach. Just add 8 to 10 ice cubes to 3 cups water to get cold water. Allow the spinach leaves to be in the cold water for a minute. Then drain the ice cold water. Add the spinach in a blender with green chilies and make smooth paste..
- Making palak paneer Heat oil or ghee in a pan or kadai. Add the cumin and let them splutter. Then add the tej patta or bay leaf. Add the chopped tomatoes. Stir and saute the tomatoes till they soften. Once the tomatoes are softened and you see fat releasing from the sides of the mixture. Then add the turmeric powder, red chili powder and hing. Stir very well..
- Then add the palak puree and mix well. Add about ⅓ to ½ cup water or as required. Stir again. Simmer for 6 to 7 minutes or more till the palak is cooked. Season with salt. The gravy will also thicken by now. Stir and add garam masala powder. Stir again and then add the paneer cubes. Stir gently and simmer on a low flame till the paneer cubes become soft and succulent. Cook for about half to 1 minute..
- Lastly, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of low-fat cream. Stir gently again so that the cream gets incorporated in the gravy uniformly. Switch off the flame. Stir and serve it hot with some rotis or parathas..
If you find this Palak Paneer recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.