Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef or Chicken Chow Mein recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef or Chicken Chow Mein recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most crucial thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef or chicken chow mein recipe. You can cook beef or chicken chow mein using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Beef or Chicken Chow Mein:
- Take of chicken breasts or beef cut into slices.
- Get of medium egg noodles.
- Get of chinese 5 spice powder.
- You need of chilli powder ( optional).
- Provide of toasted sesame oil.
- Get of groundnut oil.
- Take of dark soy sauce.
- Get of light soy sauce.
- Get of ground black pepper.
- Get of chestnut mushrooms.
- Use of spring onions.
- Use of cornflour.
- Take of red pepper.
- You need of bean sprouts.
- Take of salt.
Instructions to make Beef or Chicken Chow Mein:
- Rinse and chop mushrooms into quarters, chop spring onions lengthways and chop red pepper into slices. Rinse beansprouts and leave aside with spring onion, keep chopped mushrooms and pepper seperate..
- In a large mixing bowl add sliced beef or chicken and season with five spice powder and chilli powder, add dash of dark soy sauce and then add cornflour and mix well. Leave to marinate until ready to fry..
- Boil medium egg noodles in a pan of boiling waters for about 3 minutes. When cooked drain and rinse with cold water. Add a dash of toasted sesame oil and work through the noodles ensuring they don't stick together..
- Heat a large wok on hob until smoking then add dash of groundnut oil and fry chicken or beef for about 5 mins constantly stirring. Add the peppers and mushrooms fry for a further 2 minutes then add beansprouts and spring onions and fry for a further 1 minute constantly stirring and add the noodles and fry again for 1 minute. add more toasted sesame oil where needed to fry with. stir with a pinch of salt and black pepper adding more depending on taste..
- plate up and serve with prawn crackers.
If you find this Beef or Chicken Chow Mein recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.