Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Cowpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cowpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cowpea curry recipe. You can have cowpea curry using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cowpea Curry:
- Take 250 gms of Cowpea.
- Prepare 250 gms of Brinjal.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Take As needed of Salt.
- Use 1/2 cup of Tamarind water.
- Prepare of Ingredients to grind.
- You need 3 tbsp of Chana dal.
- Get 1 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- Provide 4-5 of Red chilli.
- Take 3 tbsp of Coconut.
- Prepare of Ingredients to temper.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Provide As required of Few Curry leaves.
Steps to make Cowpea Curry:
- Soak cowpea for 3 to 4 hours..
- Pressure cook soaked cowpea for 2 whistles..
- Grind the ingredients to a smooth paste..
- Cut brinjal into long pieces..
- Heat kadai and add the ingredients to temper..
- Add brinjal pieces and fry it..
- Pour tamarind water and allow to cook..
- Add the pressure cooked cowpea..
- Added needed salt and mix well. Allow to boil for 1 minute. Now healthy and simple cowpea curry is ready to serve..
If you find this Cowpea Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.