Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Fish pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fish pie recipe. To make fish pie you only need 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fish pie:
- Provide of Use as much fish as you like, here roughly 400-500g in total for two people:.
- Prepare 1 of salmon fillet.
- Provide 1 of small smoked haddock fillet.
- Use 1/2 of fresh haddock or cod fillet.
- Take 1 dozen of raw prawns, thawed if using frozen.
- You need 4-5 of medium waxy potatoes.
- Take 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Take 2 of heaped tsp of flour.
- You need 500 ml of milk.
- Prepare 500 ml of fish stock.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of double cream.
- You need of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of grating of nutmeg.
- Take 100 g of grated Gruyère cheese.
- Take 2 tbsp. of grated Parmesan.
- Use 2 tbsp. of finely chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 handful of frozen peas, thawed.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Fish pie:
- Soak the smoked haddock in the milk for at least half an hour. Rinse and pat dry, reserve the milk for the sauce. Skin all the fish and cut into 2.5cm cubes..
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain, cool and slice quite thinly..
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add the flour and stir energetically to make the roux. Cook it, stirring, for a few seconds, then start adding milk and stock, stirring continuously. Season with white pepper and the nutmeg. You might not use all the milk or the stock – check if it’s too your taste, not too milky or too fishy. Let it bubble and cook down for a few minutes, stirring every now and again. Add the cream, mix in most of the Gruyere and half the parmesan. Stir it vigorously and cook a bit longer until perfectly smooth and thickened. Leave to cool slightly, then stir in the parsley..
- Layer the fish chunks and the prawns in a gratin or pie dish, scatter the peas among the fish. Season the fish lightly with salt and pepper. Spread the sauce all over the fish, reserving a couple of spoonfuls..
- Layer the potato slices on top of the sauce, season with salt and pepper and dab the rest of the sauce over the potatoes. Sprinkle over the remaining Gruyere cheese and most of the parmesan..
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas 6. Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes until bubbling and golden, scatter the rest of the parmesan over the top just before the end of the cooking time. Serve with green salad..
If you find this Fish pie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.