Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Basic Meat & Veg Soup You Can Riff On recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Meat & Veg Soup You Can Riff On recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of well being. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. A little bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
While searching for a convenient healthy snack, don’t forget about yogurt. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. You cannot beat yogurt whenever it comes to a healthy snack though. It contains a great deal of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive system work properly depending upon the culture used to produce it. Try adding some healthy nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an easy way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily available. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to basic meat & veg soup you can riff on recipe. You can have basic meat & veg soup you can riff on using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Basic Meat & Veg Soup You Can Riff On:
- Get 1.5 pounds of meat (chicken, pork, or beef, preferably with some fat on it) cut into 1-inch pieces. I used pork today.
- Provide 8 cups of water.
- Take 1 of large onion, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Take 5 of medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick disks.
- Provide 1/2-1 cup of canned tomatoes (crushed, diced, sauced, pureed are all fine).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of + 1 teaspoon salt.
- Provide 4 of medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Use of Other veg, spices, and starches as you like. See last steps for some variations.
Steps to make Basic Meat & Veg Soup You Can Riff On:
- In a large pot, add meat and water, turn on heat to medium high and cook, covered, for about 20 minutes. Meat takes longer to cook to tenderness than veg does, so you want to give it a head start. When the meat has come to a boil for two or three minutes, you might like to skim the scum (just loose proteins and other particulate stuff from the meat rising to the surface). You don't have to, but it looks better..
- Turn the heat down to medium low and add carrots and onions..
- Then add tomatoes and salt, give it a few gentle stirs, cover, and simmer for another 15 minutes. This is a good step to add your optional herbs and spices. (See last steps for suggestions.).
- Add potatoes, cover, and simmer another 20 minutes or so. If you want to add a maybe 3/4 cups of white rice or a cup of pasta for more starch and body, this would be a good time to add it. If you do, you'll probably also want to add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon more salt..
- Looks super basic, but it's pretty tasty! I like to garnish with a little green onion and fresh herbs.
- OPTIONS: For something Minestrone-ish, you could add another cup of tomatoes, 1 Tablespoon of Italian herbs, a can of beans, and a little pasta. For Tortilla soup-ish flavor, you could add 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 Tablespoon oregano, 1 bay leaf, half a bell pepper chopped, some chopped cilantro, and a few good squeezes of fresh lime..
- MORE OPTIONS: If you like kale, you can just throw a bag of it in Step 2 of the process (kale takes a while to get tender). Add a package of Italian sausage either cut or pulled into bite sized pieces, a cup of cream, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder in Step 3 and it'll remind you of Zuppa Toscana. **Keep in mind all these optional suggestions will probably require an additional teaspoon or so of salt. Enjoy! :).
If you find this Basic Meat & Veg Soup You Can Riff On recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.