Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Masala Baigan Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Masala Baigan Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masala Baigan Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Vitality.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. If we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are excellent for a quick snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the early morning. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than refined grains included in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to masala baigan curry recipe. You can cook masala baigan curry using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Masala Baigan Curry:
- Use 6 of small sized purple brinjal.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- Use 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds / rai.
- Get 1/4 tsp of methi / fenugreek seeds.
- Get Few of Curry leaves.
- Get 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Get 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste / adrak lasun paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato paste.
- Provide 1 Tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Provide 1 of red chilli powder.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Get as required of Water.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of roasted coarsely grind peanuts.
- Get 1 tsp of tarind pulp.
Steps to make Masala Baigan Curry:
- Wash and pat dry all the eggplants..
- Take 1 eggplant and make one slit horizontally and one vertically, but be careful not to cut through the entire length. We don’t want to cut the eggplants into pieces, it should remain attached with the stalk. Repeat the same with all the eggplants..
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat. Add the eggplants and cook on medium heat. Traditionally eggplants are deep fried in this recipe so you can go ahead and add a whole lot of oil and deep fry them if you want to..
- Cook till eggplants are little soft, around 10-12 minutes. You don’t want them to be too soft. Remove the eggplants from pan and place on a bawl..
- In the same pan in which you had fried the eggplant, add 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot add tej patta, mustard seeds or cumin seeds and let them crackle. Then add onion seeds (kalonji) and fennel seeds (saunf). Saute till they sizzle.
- Add chopped green chilli and curry leaves and mix. Add chopped onions and cook till they are translucent. Then add ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell goes away, around 2-3 minutes..
- Once the ginger-garlic is cooked, add the tomato paste and after 5 minutes add dry spices – cumin powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Also add the salt..
- Add around 1/2 of water and cook the spices for 2-3 minutes. The water is added to make sure the spices don’t burn..
- Add coarsely grind peanuts..
- Add turmeric powder and paprika powder and cook the paste for 5-6 minutes on medium-low flame. You can add little water again if you think the paste will get burnt..
- Add the fried eggplants to the masala and mix. Now add 2 cups of water, this might look like a lot of water but the curry will eventually be quite thick..
- Cover and cook on medium-low flame for 15-20 minutes. Stir 2-3 times in between. Open the pan and add garam masala, tamarind pulp and mix..
- Switch off the flame and add some fresh coriander leaves to the curry..
If you find this Masala Baigan Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.