Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These types of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai yellow curry with mango & prawns recipe. You can have thai yellow curry with mango & prawns using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns:
- Use 1 teaspoon of chili paste.
- Get 3 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of tamarind sauce.
- Take 2 of lemongrass stalks.
- Use 1 of lime.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of shallot.
- You need 1/2 of thumb fresh ginger.
- Use 1 of fresh red chili.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- Provide 4/5 of cherry tomatoes OR 1 red bell pepper.
- Get 8/10 of Prawns (I used frozen).
- Prepare Handful of frozen peas.
- Provide 1 of small mango.
- Prepare Handful of salted cashews.
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need Bunch of fresh coriander.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Curry.
Instructions to make Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns:
- Defrost the prawns. Grate the garlic and ginger, chop the shallot, the fresh chili and the mango, halves the cherry tomatoes (or chop the red bell pepper)..
- In a medium pot, over a medium fire, heat the fish sauce and the chili paste (adjust the quantity to your liking and the level of spice of your available paste!) for a minute, then add the garlic, the ginger, the shallot and the cashews until lucid & brown, then add the tomatoes (or peppers) and the frozen peas until soft..
- Add the lemongrass, the bay leaf, the mango, half of the coriander, and half of the lime and cook for a minute..
- Add the coconut milk (and a splash of water if needed), then add the spices – Cumin (I personally do not digest it well, but feel free to adjust the quantities to your liking!), Turmeric, and Curry, and stir well to combine..
- Turn the heat down to low, cover with a lid and let it bubble away, being careful it does not dry up too much..
- When nearly ready, add the prawns for a few minutes (I do not like them overcooked!), then remove from the heat, remove the lemongrass stalks, add the tamarind sauce, stir well, and you are ready to serve..
- I like to serve it in little clay serving pots with rice, Thai prawns crackers and sweet chili sauce; garnish with the remaining lime, coriander, and fresh chili..
If you find this Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.