Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Caribbean Oxtail Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Caribbean Oxtail Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caribbean Oxtail Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, merely making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caribbean oxtail stew recipe. You can have caribbean oxtail stew using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Caribbean Oxtail Stew:
- Prepare of Oxtail.
- Get of Large Onion.
- Take of Carrot.
- Take of Red Bell Pepper.
- Provide of tinned can of Butter Beans.
- You need of Scotch Bonnet.
- Provide of Salt.
- Provide of Black Pepper.
- Provide of Garlic Paste (3 Cloves).
- Provide of All Purpose Seasoning.
- You need of Paprika.
- Provide of Thyme (Fresh or dried).
- Prepare of Cornflour.
- Get of Stock Cube (Beef or Veg).
- Get of Worcestershire sauce (or Dark Soy sauce).
- Get of Vegetable Oil.
- Use of Water.
Steps to make Caribbean Oxtail Stew:
- Wash the Oxtail meat (using lemon and white vinegar) before rinsing in water. Marinate the meat overnight or up to 5 hours (stored in fridge) in a bowl with; – 1 tsp Salt – 1 tsp Black Pepper – 1 tbsp Garlic Paste (3 Cloves) – 2.5 tbsp All Purpose – 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or Dark Soy sauce) -.
- When ready to cook, heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet pan over medium/high heat. Sear oxtail until an overall golden brown and then remove the meat to set aside..
- Sauté 1 large diced onion and 1 chopped scotch bonnet until soft. Add the oxtail along with 4 cups of water, 3 beef/veg stock cube, 1 tbsp paprika and 1 tbsp thyme. Reduce the heat to low once brought to boil, cover and simmer for 2.5 hours until the meat is fork tender. Make sure to check the stew every 30 minutes, adding water if need be as you go along and stirring occasionally..
- 1.5 hours later, add 1 chopped carrot, 1 red bell pepper and 2 tbsp cornflour to thicken sauce. 30 minutes later, add 1 tin of butter beans..
- Serve with White Rice or Rice and Peas..
If you find this Caribbean Oxtail Stew recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.