Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Power.
We all know that having healthy meals can help us truly feel better within our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Healthy foods made from whole grains are great for a easy snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the early morning. When you need a fast treat on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than processed grains included in white bread.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chettinad chicken curry recipe. You can have chettinad chicken curry using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Provide 1 kg of Indian desi chicken.
- Prepare 300 gm of Madras onions, sliced.
- Get 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- You need 15 of curry leaves.
- Provide of For masala paste.
- Provide 2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of black peppercorns.
- Provide 1 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Get 5 of cloves.
- Take 4 of green cardamons.
- Get 2 of star anise.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon bark.
- Provide 2 of stone flower (kalpasi/dagad phool).
- Prepare 5 of red chilli (spicy but not colour).
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1-2 of strings of mace.
- You need 7-8 of cashewnuts.
- Get 10 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 inch of ginge sliced.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of tamarind pulp.
- Provide 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
Instructions to make Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Firstly clean the chicken. My personal preference is desi chicken but you can use broiler or english chicken. Add half a lemon juice and turmeric powder. Mix it well and let it marinade for atleast half an hour.
- Slice the onions. Accumulate all the spices for the spice mix masala paste. Dry roast all the masala, except for Fenugreek seeds and grated coconut. Midway add the garlic and ginger and roast till the spices are well roasted and brown. Remove it in a plate and allow it to cool. This is essential for the brown colour of the gravy. Dry roast the coconut till it turns brown..
- Transfer the roasted spices and coconut along with the garlic and ginger to a mixer grinder. Add the Fenugreek seeds along with the tamarind, add some water and make a fine paste..
- In a pot or a kadhai add ghee and let it heat on high flame. Add the sliced onions and saute it till it becomes soft. Add the curry leaves and saute it till it starts turning brown. Add the chicken at this stage and stir well for 4-5 mins. The chicken will release water and it will evaporate during this process. Add the masala paste and stir well. Use water to use every bit of the masala paste in the grinder. Add 3-4 cups of water. Add salt as per taste..
- Let it come to a boil on high flame and then cover the lid and let it simmer on medium flame. After 10 mins stir and check the chicken. Cover the lid and let it cook for another 10 mins till the chicken is perfectly cook. Desi chicken should take 25-30 mins while broiler chicken would take about 20 mins. Turn off the gas and let the chicken sit in the pot so that chicken is cooked to perfection and the flavours get absorbed in the chicken. Serve it with steamed rice..
If you find this Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.