Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Deciding to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chidambaram kathirikkai gothsu / south indian brinjal & lentils curry recipe. To cook chidambaram kathirikkai gothsu / south indian brinjal & lentils curry you only need 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry:
- Use of Brinjal/eggplants- 4, cut into small cubes.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Yellow lentils /moong dal-.
- Get of Pearl onions /shallots- 6-8, thinly sliced.
- Use of Green chilies- 2, slit lengthwise.
- Use of Tomato- 1, finely chopped.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder-.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Mustard seeds-.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds-.
- You need 1 sprig of Curry leaves-.
- Provide 1 pinch of Asafoetida –.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Tamarind paste –.
- Prepare 2 of Whole dry chilies-.
- Provide To taste of Salt-.
- Get As needed of Water-.
- Take As needed of Oil-.
Steps to make Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry:
- In a pressure cooker, add the moong dal along with the chopped onions, green chilies, tomatoes, brinjal cubes, turmeric powder, salt, & enough water. Cook for 2-3 whistles until the vegetables and the dal is cooked. Remove from flame and keep aside for the pressure to subside..
- Heat oil in a small pan. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilies, and asafoetida powder. Let them sizzle a bit. Open the lid of the pressure cooker, and add 1/2 cup of water if the mixture is too thick. Add the prepared seasoning to the cooked dal mixture. Add the tamarind paste and simmer for few minutes. Serve hot as a side dish for idli or dosa..
If you find this Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.