Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some simple changes.
You can get results without eliminating foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. Even more crucial than completely altering your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's pineapple chicken skewers recipe. You can cook mike's pineapple chicken skewers using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers:
- Provide of Meats.
- Get 4 of Extra Large Boneless Chicken Breasts [fat trimmed].
- Use of Vegetables & Fruits.
- Prepare 4 large of Green Bell Peppers.
- Get 1 can of Pineapple Chunks.
- You need 2 large of Purple Onions.
- Get of Marinade.
- Use 1 can of 20 oz Dole Crushed Pineapples.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of Teriyaki Sauce [your favorite brand].
- Get 1 tbsp of Minced Ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of Garlic Chili Sauce.
- Take 1 of Bottle Teriyaki Miso Sauce [optional] [not to be mixed in marinade].
- Use of Optional Brine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup of Salt.
- Use of Equipment.
- Get 1 gallon of Sized Ziplock Bag.
- Take 1 of Pair Barbecue Tongs.
- Prepare 8 of Metal Skewers.
- Take 1 large of Bowl.
- Prepare 1 small of Pot.
- Take 1 of Brush.
- Use of Serving Suggestions.
- Use 1 of Tortilla – Naan – Pita Breads [or bad of your choosing].
- Provide 1 of White Rice.
Steps to make Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers:
- TO BRINE CHICKEN: In a small pot, heat two cups water, salt and sugar until dissolved. Add some ice cubes to cool the mixture down. Pour in large bowl. Add chicken breasts. Add just enough cold water to cover breasts. Add four cups ice and mix up. Place in fridge to brine for five to six hours minimum or no longer than eight hours. You can also pre-cut your chicken into 1"x1" cubes and brine for 2 1/2 to 4 hours..
- Add everything in the Marinade section [except for the Teriyaki Miso Sauce] in a Ziplock bag and mix..
- Pull chicken from brine and place in marinade bag. Allow chicken to marinate for two hours or longer. Reserve marinade sauce for later use..
- Chop all vegetables in 1"x1" cubes. Cut chicken in 1"x1" cubes as well. Thread chicken on metal skewers starting and ending with chicken pieces. Thread vegetables and pineapple in between chicken pieces..
- OPTIONAL: Lightly brush constructed skewers with Teriyaki Miso Sauce. This sauce is optional since it does have a slightly bitter Miso taste to it. However, by adding the pineapple chunks, it negates the flavor almost entirely..
- Grill until fully cooked at 425° to 450°. Usually about 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn by turning skewers regularly. Serve with Tortillas, Naan bread or any other breads that you can place your chicken in..
- You can also bake these. I use a convection oven like the one pictured. If you choose to bake, add chicken chunks, vegetables and pineapples on a nonstick sheet or oven safe liner and bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Serve with white rice..
- Lastly, you can use your pineapple marinade to make a thick sauce to drizzle over rice. Do this by bringing marinade to a hard boil and adding 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with a small amount of water in a seperate bowl. Then, slowly add it to your simmering marinade. Simmer until sauce thickens to the consistency you desire.The longer it simmers the thicker your sauce will become..
If you find this Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.