Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Tomato & Lentil Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Tomato & Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato & Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Vitality.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A bit of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have countless options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A piece of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run can be more healthy with whole grain chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than refined grains included in white bread.
You do not have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato & lentil soup recipe. You can have tomato & lentil soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato & Lentil Soup:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic, chopped and gently crushed.
- Use 1 (500 g) of packet passata.
- Provide 1 of carrot, diced.
- Use 1 handful of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 litre of vegetable stock. “Marigold” is fine if you’ve no home-made.
- Provide 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Provide 1 of dollop per soup bowl crème fraîche (Optional).
- Take to taste of Seasoning.
Steps to make Tomato & Lentil Soup:
- Heat the oil in a stockpot or large saucepan and gently fry the onions for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Only stir if necessary to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes, gently stirring..
- Stir in the passata, carrot and lentils, then add the stock and bring to the boil, stirring regularly but not too vigorously. Reduce to a fast simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally and after 10-15 minutes add the thyme..
- Transfer to a blender and whizz to get a nice consistency. Taste and season to taste..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread or crusty rolls. Add a dollop of crème fraîche to each soup bowl if available/wished..
If you find this Tomato & Lentil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.