Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snack foods.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you require a fast treat on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than refined grains included in white bread.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai prawns/shrimp red curry recipe. You can cook thai prawns/shrimp red curry using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry:
- Provide 250 grams of prawns or shrimp.
- Get 1 cup of water / coconut water.
- Take 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Use 2 of medium onions fine paste.
- You need 1 of small onion small onion cut in four pieces and get petals.
- Get 1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of crushed peanuts.
- Use 2-3 of bird eye red chillies slit diagonally.
- Get for of Thai Red Curry Paste or Massaman curry paste.
- You need 10-15 of Lemon grass stems.
- Use 10-15 of dried red Kashmiri chillies soaked in warm water.
- Use 50 grams of thick Galangal.
- You need 4 inch of ginger.
- Provide 10-15 of garlic cloves.
- Use 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Take 4 of shallots.
- Take 1 tsp of cardamom seeds.
- Use as taste of Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of groundnut oil.
- Get 1 tsp of Palm sugar (optional).
Instructions to make Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry:
- The first step is to make curry paste which can preserved and refrigerated, I am not adding time of making this amazing aromatic and flavourful paste. Fry shallots pieces in oil for two minutes, and garlic, galangal, ginger, salt, cardamoms seeds, fry for 5 minutes, add soaked chillies and fish sauces. Cook it for 1 minutes and then make a fine paste. This paste can be used to make red curry 3 times..
- Wash prawns, devein and clean. Add pinch of salt and 1/2 lemon juice. Keep aside for a while..
- Make fine paste of 2 middle size onions, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, bird eye chilli, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 cup of red curry paste.
- In a wok or Kadhai, add 3 spoons of cooking oil (use olive, coconut or ground nut) fry chopped garlic and then fry onion paste, add ginger garlic paste, fry for 6-7 minutes.
- Now add red curry paste (if paste is thick or dry use some water to make it paste like) fry for 5 minutes till you can see oil starts to separate.
- Now add onion shallots or onion petals, two whole Kashmiri chillis (optional to make It more spicy) sauté for a minute and then add Prawns.
- You can crushed peanuts now over prawns.
- Add coconut water or normal water as per availability, of course coconut water will give you best results..
- Then add chopped bird eye chillies, and then cook for 2 monies so that prawns are well cooked, don’t over cook them..
- Once water is 20% reduced and you can see prawns.. turn off the flame and add coconut milk and mix it well, add salt to taste..
- Add 1/2 lemon juice in curry.
- Serve with hot sticky rice or over cooked basmati rice. You can also use Thai Jasmin rice..
If you find this Thai Prawns/Shrimp Red Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.