Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛 recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you no longer wish to eat. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One healthy option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 🌱 vegan pulled aubergine & chickpea coconut curry 🍛 recipe. You can cook 🌱 vegan pulled aubergine & chickpea coconut curry 🍛 using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛:
- Get 1.5 tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1 of large whole aubergine.
- You need 1 of medium onion – finely diced.
- Prepare 2 of large garlic cloves – minced.
- Provide 1 of red pepper – very small diced.
- Take Tin of chickpeas – drained.
- Prepare 50 g of creamed coconut block (chopped into small pieces.).
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoons of garam masala.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Provide 0.5 teaspoon of madras curry powder.
- You need 0.5 teaspoon of mild chilli powder.
- Take 1.5 teaspoons of ground coriander powder.
- Get 0.5 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare Handful of chopped fresh coriander.
- Take Handful of flaked almonds. (Optional for garnish).
- You need 1 (400 g) of tin chopped tomatoes (+ the tin and a half full of water).
Steps to make 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛:
- Heat the oven to 200deg C place the whole aubergine on a roasting tray and coat with 0.5 tablespoon of the sunflower oil. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes until soft and set aside..
- Gently fry the onion and garlic on a low heat for 10 minutes til soft and translucent. (add a little water to simmer and stop them burning).
- Turn the hob to a medium heat. Add in the diced pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes. Tip in the spices and fry for a minute or two until fragrant. (Don’t burn them).
- Tip in the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the creamed coconut to the middle of the pan, melt it down & stir in. Pour in 1.5 tins (from the tomatoes) full of water..
- Heat til bubbling then add the chickpeas, cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes..
- While the curry is simmering, split the aubergine in half and scoop out the flesh. Shred it with two forks and add into the curry for 2 minutes at the end..
- Now stir in the chopped coriander & sprinkle over the almonds. I served with fluffy mushroom rice, flatbreads and crispy, roasted, spiced potatoes. (Recipe for these will be in a separate post).
If you find this 🌱 Vegan Pulled Aubergine & Chickpea Coconut Curry 🍛 recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.