Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Western-Style Simmered Kohlrabi recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Western-Style Simmered Kohlrabi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Western-Style Simmered Kohlrabi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most people typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you probably pick out many items out of habit. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One heart-healthy option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to western-style simmered kohlrabi recipe. You can have western-style simmered kohlrabi using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Western-Style Simmered Kohlrabi:
- Prepare 1 of Kohlrabi.
- Prepare 2 slice of Bacon.
- Provide 40 grams of Okahijiki (type of saltwort).
- Use 4 of Cherry tomatoes.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Take 1/2 of cube Soup stock cube.
- Use 300 ml of Water.
- Take 1 of Herb salt.
- Provide 1 tsp of Katakuriko.
Steps to make Western-Style Simmered Kohlrabi:
- Peel the skin off the kohlrabi and cut into large pieces. Chop the bacon. Cut the okahijiki and cut the cherry tomatoes into halves or fourths..
- Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the kohlrabi and bacon. Once coated in oil, add the water, soup stock cube, and herb salt, and simmer..
- When the kohlrabi becomes slightly tender, add the okahijiki and cherry tomatoes. Add salt if needed..
- Mix the katakuriko into water (2 teaspoons) to make a slurry and pour it in. Once the sauce slightly thickens, it's ready..
- In German, "kohl" means "cabbage" and "rabi" means "turnip." They're suitable for cultivation in cold temperatures..
- Kohlrabi is great for stabilizing blood pressure, improving immunity, and beautiful skin. Even after cooking, their vitamin C content is maintained..
If you find this Western-Style Simmered Kohlrabi recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.