Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Japanese Savory Pan Cake (Okonomiyaki) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Japanese Savory Pan Cake (Okonomiyaki) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Japanese Savory Pan Cake (Okonomiyaki) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most likely pick out lots of food items out of habit. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One healthy substitute that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to japanese savory pan cake (okonomiyaki) recipe. You can cook japanese savory pan cake (okonomiyaki) using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Japanese Savory Pan Cake (Okonomiyaki):
- Get 200 g of all purpose flour : (A).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of potato starch : (A).
- Take 1 tbsp of baking powder : (A).
- Use 250 mL of Dashi broth (1 tbsp Dashi powder n 250 mL water) : (A).
- Take 150 g of grated potato.
- Get 1 tbsp of Sake (white wine).
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 5 sheets of sliced pork.
- Provide 600 g of cabbage (chopped).
- Take of your favourite toppings (shrimps, squid, etc.).
- Get of Bonito flakes n Aonori for toppings (optional).
- Get of Okonomiyaki sauce n mayonnaise.
Instructions to make Japanese Savory Pan Cake (Okonomiyaki):
- Add all ingredients (A) in a large mixing bowl and mix with a whisk..
- Pour the Dashi broth and the grated potato, and the sake in the bowl..
- Let the batter rest in a fridge at least for 3 hours..
- Chop the cabbage into small pieces..
- Grease a frying pan and heat it..
- Prepare another small bowl and add three handfuls of the chopped cabbage, 2 tbsp of Okonomiyaki batter, and 1 egg. Mix them about 3 times. Don't mix them too much..
- Spread the Okonomiyaki batter mixed with the cabbage on the heated frying pan as soon as you can. Add the toppings and cover the frying pan with a lid. Braise it for a while..
- When the Okonomiyaki becomes golden brown, flip it over and braise until the Okonomiyaki is cooked..
- Serve on a plate and dress Okonomiyaki sauce and mayo. Sprinkle some bonito flakes and Aonori..
If you find this Japanese Savory Pan Cake (Okonomiyaki) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.