Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Everyone's Favorite Chili Con Carne recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Everyone's Favorite Chili Con Carne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Everyone's Favorite Chili Con Carne recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. Even more crucial than entirely changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than before. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate previously.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to everyone's favorite chili con carne recipe. To make everyone's favorite chili con carne you only need 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Everyone's Favorite Chili Con Carne:
- You need 750 grams of Pork (chicken or beef are fine too) or ground meat.
- Provide 1 of Onion.
- Use 1 tbsp of Oil – vegetable or olive.
- Provide of * For the marinade (not needed if you're using ground meat).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of *Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of *Salt – rock salt etc..
- Use 1/3 tsp of *White pepper.
- Take 1 dash of *Chilli powder.
- Use 1 dash of *Garlic powder.
- You need 1 dash of *Cumin powder.
- Take 2 tbsp of Chili powder.
- Use 400 grams of Canned tomatoes.
- Get 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Provide 1/2 of to 1 teaspoon Salt.
- Provide 1 clove of Garlic.
- Get 200 grams of Dried beans – kidney beans etc..
- Prepare 1 tsp of Soup stock granules.
- Take 1 of If the sauce is too thick – water.
- Take 1 of Sour cream or drained yogurt.
Instructions to make Everyone's Favorite Chili Con Carne:
- Soak the kidney beans in water overnight. Cook them the next day in a pressure cooker (or a regular pan). Drain..
- Marinate the pork (or chicken or beef) in the * ingredients for about an hour to let the meat soaks up the flavors..
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan, and sauté the chili powder over low heat. When it starts to smell nice, add the finely chopped onion and sauté, being careful not to let it burn..
- Add the finely chopped garlic, canned tomatoes, cumin, oregano and soup stock granules, and simmer uncovered over low heat for 30 minutes. Sauté the pork in a separate pan, and drain off any excess fat..
- Taste the sauce before adding salt. Add the pork and beans, and simmer uncovered over low heat for an hour. Done..
- Serve with tortilla chips, rice, guacamole, bean paste, lettuce, corn, tomato salsa, fresh coriander, cheese, sour cream etc..
- Refer tofor the bean paste. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153692-mexican-style-tortillas-and-bean-dip.
- If you're using ground meat (no marinating needed): In Step 3, after sautéing the spices and onion, add the ground meat and proceed to Step 4. This version of chili is done in about 20 minutes..
- Turn any leftover chili con carne into moussaka with eggplants and potatoes! Kechauru suggested this. I want to try it myself..
- I made the chili with ground beef here. The plate in the photo has guacamole and tomato salsa served in a homemade tortilla chip cup on the right, and a baked potato on the left..
- Turn leftover chili con carne into chili-bean toast! Top with cheese, and bake in the oven until it melts. Delicious..
If you find this Everyone's Favorite Chili Con Carne recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.