Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything immediately or that you need to entirely get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make major changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than before. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate in the past.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian thai green curry recipe. You can have vegetarian thai green curry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Thai green curry:
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- Prepare 400 ml of tin coconut milk.
- Prepare 3-4 of kaffir lime leaves (tear in half and take the middle wooden bit off).
- You need 2-3 tbsp of Thai fish sauce or soy sauce (vegan).
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of palm sugar (brown sugar).
- Take 1-2 handful of basil leaves.
- Use 1 tin of bamboo shoots.
- Prepare 1 of aubergine (chopped into bite size).
- Get 1-2 of big red chilli (thinly slices).
- Prepare 1 block of tofu (optional).
- Take of Seasonal vegetables of your choice – it can be brussel sprouts, sweetheart cabbage, green beans, carrots. All chopped into bite size.
- Take of To serve – Thai jasmine rice or with rice noodles.
Instructions to make Vegetarian Thai green curry:
- Heat a couple tbsps of coconut milk in a saucepan over a meduim-high heat until coconut milk starts to bubbly. Add the green curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add another 2-3 tbsp of coconut milk, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and sugar and stir well then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Add your vegetables start with hard vegetable first ie. carrots, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green bean and bamboo shoots..
- Add some more coconut milk and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes until you see gorgeous green oil separated from the coconut milk a little bit..
- Add the rest of the coconut milk in. I normally add some water about half of tin coconut into the saucepan too. Taste your sauce, it should be salty, sweet, nutty and spicy..
- Stir occasionally then add some basil leaves at the last minute and stir well..
- To serve, spoon your jasmine rice into four serving bowls, then ladle over the vegetarian Thai green curry..
If you find this Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.