Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy Meat-Bean Chili recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Meat-Bean Chili recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy meat-bean chili recipe. You can cook healthy meat-bean chili using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Meat-Bean Chili:
- Get of Chili.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 oz black beans.
- Provide 1 can of 15 oz Bush's original baked beans.
- Provide 2/3 cup of water.
- Use 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Get 1 cup of sweet onion.
- Provide 1 of red bell pepper.
- Get 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 5 slice of hickory-smoked bacon.
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Take 1 jar of of store-bought salsa.
- Prepare 1 can of 14 oz less-sodium beef broth.
- Use 6 oz of can of tomato paste.
- Use of Topping.
- You need 1/2 cup of reduced-fat sour cream.
- Use 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro.
- Take 1 tsp of lime juice.
Steps to make Healthy Meat-Bean Chili:
- Combine black beans, water, and sugar in a food processor; process until smooth..
- Combine bean puree and remaining beans in a bowl..
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat; coat pan with oil..
- Add turkey to large saucepan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble..
- Remove turkey from the pan and set aside..
- Add chopped onion, bell peppers, and bacon to the pan; cook 5 minutes or until bacon and onion are lightly browned..
- Return turkey to the pan..
- Combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, and crushed red pepper and mix in a small bowl..
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, and crushed red pepper to pan; stir well to coat..
- Stir in bean mixture, salsa, tomato paste, and broth; bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure chili doesn't stick to the bottom..
- Combine sour cream, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl..
- Serve chili with sour cream mixture..
If you find this Healthy Meat-Bean Chili recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.