Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Deciding to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil and tomato curry, indian style recipe. To make lentil and tomato curry, indian style you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- Use 1/2 can of lentils.
- Take 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 of small onion, sliced.
- Use 1 tbs of finely minced ginger.
- You need 1 tbs of finely minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- You need 2 tbs of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 2 tbs of cooking cream.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Get 1 tbs of oil (I used coconut).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Steps to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds. Fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so..
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions, being careful not to burn the garlic and ginger..
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, stirring frequently to avoid burning the spices and aromatics..
- Add in lentils and tomatoes, stir everything together, then turn heat back to medium. Add in garam masala powder, bay leaf, sugar, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until reduced to preferred consistency (I like it more like a stew and not so liquid)..
- Add in cream, then reduce once again to preferred consistency..
- Remove from heat and serve..
If you find this Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.