Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are many illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red curry vegetable noodle soup recipe. To cook red curry vegetable noodle soup you only need 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup:
- You need 1 of large bunch Bok Choy, white stems separated from green leaves.
- Get 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Take 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of grated peeled fresh ginger.
- Use 2 tablespoons of red curry paste (use mild or spicy, according to preference). Medium works best with this dish. I used a jar of Trader Joe's Red Curry Simmer Sauce!.
- Provide 1 of small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 1 quart of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of Asian fish sauce (don't skip this ingredient!! I use the Vietnamese versions)).
- You need 2 teaspoons of dark brown sugar.
- Use 1 (13 ounce) of can of full fat coconut milk.
- You need Half of teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste.
- Provide 8 ounces of Vermicelli (Angel Hair or similar) rice noodles.
- You need 3 of limes, 2 juiced, one cut into wedges.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of coarsely chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
- You need of Shrimp or Scallops (see note in introduction).
Steps to make Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup:
- Slice the Bok Choy stems into 1/2 inch pieces. Slice the leaves into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Using the sauté function, heat the oil in the pressure cooker. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and curry paste and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. (If using regular pot, instructions are the same.) Add the sweet potato and the white stems of the Bok Choy, along with the stock. Bring to a simmer and add the fish sauce and brown sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves, about one minute..
- Stir in the coconut milk and salt, cover, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes (or if using a regular pot: 45 minutes on medium heat)).
- Meanwhile, cook the Vermicelli noodles according to the package instructions..
- Release the pressure manually. Remove the lid and stir in the Bok Choy greens until wilted. Add the lime juice and more salt to taste..
- Divide the noodles among individual bowls and ladle the soup on top, garnishing with the cilantro and lime wedges.
If you find this Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.