Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Coconut Shrimp curry with rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Shrimp curry with rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Shrimp curry with rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It may be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut shrimp curry with rice recipe. To make coconut shrimp curry with rice you need 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Shrimp curry with rice:
- You need 1 cup of For Shrimp Marinade extra-large shrimp peeled.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper freshly ground.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Get 1tbsp of For the sauce coconut oil.
- Provide 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 1 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Use 1 of cupTomato chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Take of Fresh coriander leave for garnish.
- Use of Cooked rice for serving.
Steps to make Coconut Shrimp curry with rice:
- In a small bowl toss the shrimp with the marinade ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes..
- While the shrimp is marinating, heat the oil in a medium size skillet. To it add the onion, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent. Stir in the garlic, ginger, pepper, salt, coriander, turmeric and curry powder. Cook for another minute..
- Add the diced tomatoes with juices and all, the coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp with the accumulated juices from the marinade and cook for another 2 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through..
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with parsley & curry leaves.
If you find this Coconut Shrimp curry with rice recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.