Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Achari Vegetable Jalfrezi with Tofu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Achari Vegetable Jalfrezi with Tofu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One wholesome substitute that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to achari vegetable jalfrezi with tofu recipe. To cook achari vegetable jalfrezi with tofu you only need 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Achari Vegetable Jalfrezi with Tofu:
- Get of Veggies.
- Use 1 large of onion, roughly chopped.
- Use 2 large of carrots, julienned.
- Prepare 1 bunch of French green beans, slit diagonally into small pieces.
- Provide 3 medium of bell peppers, roughly chopped.
- Get 1 medium of indian squash, julienned.
- You need 1 piece of ginger, julienned.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 each of green chilly, thinly sliced.
- Provide 2 piece of tofu, cut into small pieces (can be substituted with paneer).
- Prepare 1 can of baby corn, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Provide of Spices and Flavors.
- Get 2 1/2 tbsp of chilly garlic sauce.
- Provide 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of chilly paste, or to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of fennel powder (saunf).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of indian pickles (achar).
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take of Garnish.
- You need 1 bunch of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cabbage, finely shredded.
- Use 1 tsp of paneer or tofu, shredded.
- Provide 1 dash of mint leaves, sliced thinly.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Take 1/4 cup of water.
Steps to make Achari Vegetable Jalfrezi with Tofu:
- In a wide pan, take a tablespoon of oil/fat.
- On high heat, add the cumin into the oil.
- Once the cumin browns a bit, add the veggies in the following order, giving each vegetable a 30 second headstart over the next: onions, ginger, garlic, carrots, beans, baby corn, squash, bell peppers, green chillies. Saute until veggies are tender yet crunchy..
- Add the protein ( tofu or paneer). Saute for a minute. Add all the dry spices and roast for about a minute. (fennel and coriander powder).
- Add the chilly garlic paste, chilly paste and tomato ketchup, and about a quarter cup of water, and let it come to the boil.
- Once the gravy (there should be just enough gravy to coat the veggies) thickens, transfer into a serving bowl..
- Add the garnish ingredients (mint, tofu and cabbage) as shown in the image above, and serve piping hot, with rotis(Indian flat bread)..
If you find this Achari Vegetable Jalfrezi with Tofu recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.