Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Vegetarian coconut curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian coconut curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian coconut curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate in the past.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian coconut curry recipe. You can cook vegetarian coconut curry using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian coconut curry:
- Use 1 pk of button mushrooms.
- You need 1.5 cups of fresh green peas boiled.
- Get 2 of medium carrots diced.
- You need 2 of large red onions diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of green pepper chopped.
- Provide 2 of large tomatoes chopped.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of tomato paste.
- Take 60 ml of coconut cream.
- Take 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
- Use 1 teaspoon of garam masala.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Instructions to make Vegetarian coconut curry:
- In a blender put the chopped tomatoes, green pepper, tomato paste and 4 tablespoon water and blend. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, heat the oil then put in the onions and fry until they start turning transluscent..
- Add the garam masala, cumin and curry powder and stir. Let the spices cook for 5 minutes while stirring frequently..
- After 5 minutes the onions will have started browning. Add the mushrooms and stir together. Reduce the heat to low and cover for 5 minutes. The mushrooms will begin to release its liquid..
- After 5 minutes the liquid from the mushrooms should have dried up. Continue stirring until the mushrooms start browning..
- Add the diced carrots and stir and let it cook for 5 minutes while stirring often..
- Add the boiled peas and stir to mix. Let it cook for a further 5 minutes..
- Add the tomato mix, garlic powder, sugar and salt to taste. Stir and let simmer covered on low heat for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes of simmering the tomato mix will have reduced to a thick sauce. Add 1 cup of hot water, stir and let it simmer covered for a further 10 minutes..
- Add the coconut cream and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid curdling..
- After 5 minutes switch off the cooker and serve. Enjoy!!.
If you find this Vegetarian coconut curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.