Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Vegetable curry south Indian traditional way recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetable curry south Indian traditional way recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetable curry south Indian traditional way recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most likely choose a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetable curry south indian traditional way recipe. To make vegetable curry south indian traditional way you need 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vegetable curry south Indian traditional way:
- Take 1 cup of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes.
- Get of Vegetables like.
- Use 1 cup of Elephant foot, drumsticks, Brinjals.
- Provide of Spices like.
- You need 1 spoon of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sesame oil.
- Use 1 cup of coconut milk.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Use 10 of Curry leaves.
- You need 3 spoon of red chilli powder.
- Take 2 spoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Asafoetida.
- Use 1/2 spoon of jeera.
- Get 1/2 spoon of fenugreek.
- Prepare 1/2 spoon of urad dal.
- Get 1/2 spoon of mustard seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of Garlic.
Steps to make Vegetable curry south Indian traditional way:
- First cut and clean the vegetables and spices ready.soak and keep the tamarind to get paste. Keep the mud pot on flame and put the oil.
- Put oil in mud pot and put urad dal, mustard,fenugreek,curry leaves, fry it… Mash ur peeled garlic and add it. Add chopped onion.
- Fry onions and put chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and fry it then add chopped tomatoes fry it add all the vegetables and mix it well-lit some water till vegetables drown and cook it for 15min.
- After 15 min add tamarind paste and asafoetida 1pinch cook it till u get nice aroma… Check the vegetables r cooked…. For 30 min….. Then after cooking add coconut milk… Let it boil for 2min and off the gas…. Ur yummy vegetable curry (Kara kolumbu) south Indian style is ready… Serve it wit white rice and spoon of ghee if u like it..
If you find this Vegetable curry south Indian traditional way recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.