Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, just making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything right away or that you need to entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. Even more important than completely altering your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate in the past.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy tomato soup – slow cooker recipe. To make creamy tomato soup – slow cooker you only need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Get 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Get 3 of large carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Take 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 8 of large tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Take 3 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- Take 2 tbsp. of tomato paste.
- Get 2 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp. of each dried thyme, dried basil.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- Use 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of cream (or half & half).
Instructions to make Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Grease the slow cooker and place all of the ingredients inside EXCEPT for the parmesan cheese and the cream. Place the lid on and cook either on low heat for 6-7 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours..
- After cook time is up, puree the soup using either an immersion blender or a classic blender. If using a classic blender, blend it up in batches and leave room for the steam to escape while blending..
- Once the soup is pureed and smooth, place it back in the slow cooker and stir in the parmesan cheese and the cream. Taste and season with any additional seasonings you think it needs. At this point, I usually add more salt and pepper, more basil and some paprika..
- Place the lid back on with the heat at low for 25-30 more minutes, until the soup is heated through. Then serve immediately..
- Refrigerate any leftover soup. To reheat it, just place the desired amount in a saucepan over med-high heat and simmer for 5 or so minutes, until heated through. If I have a good amount of soup leftover, then sometimes I'll use the leftover soup as a pasta sauce for an easy dinner option..
If you find this Creamy Tomato Soup – Slow Cooker recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.