Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Green Gram Dhal Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Green Gram Dhal Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Green Gram Dhal Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to green gram dhal curry recipe. You can cook green gram dhal curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Green Gram Dhal Curry:
- Take 1 cup of Green Gram.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Use 2 of Onions (chopped).
- Get 1 inch of Ginger (chopped).
- Use (chopped) 4 pods of Garlic.
- Take 2 of chilies Green (chopped).
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes (chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsps of Chili powder.
- Provide 2 tsps of Coriander powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsps of Oil.
- Use 2 – 3 cups of Water (accordingly).
- Provide handful of Coriander mint leaves or (chopped).
Instructions to make Green Gram Dhal Curry:
- Wash the green gram under running cold water till water runs clear. Soak it in enough warm water for about 1 hour. After soaking, discard the water, add green gram to pressure cooker with salt..
- Then add 1 1/2 cups of water to the green gram. Close it with the lid, put the weight on, turn on the heat on high. Let it cook for 1 whistle on high + 10 mins on medium-low. Let the pressure go down by itself and then open the cover..
- While pressure is releasing, heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds, let them sizzle..
- Then add chopped onions and saute till golden brown. And salt to speed up the process. To this add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute until raw smell disappears..
- Then add chopped tomatoes and mix. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the tomatoes soften. Then add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Mix it well and cook for a minute or until the oil separates..
- Then add the cooked green gram and 3/4 cups of water. Mix well and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes. You can adjust the consistency by adding more water or boiling the extra water as per your preference..
- Turn off the stove and then add lemon juice. Garnish with mint leaves or coriander leaves. Mix well and it is ready to serve with rice or chapati..
If you find this Green Gram Dhal Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.