Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut curry prawns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut curry prawns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut curry prawns recipe. To cook coconut curry prawns you need 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Coconut curry prawns:
- Get of Ingredients 2 tablespoons of oil (Coconut milk contains oil).
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin & 4 green cardamoms.
- Provide 5 leaves of Some curry leaves, about.
- Get of Bay leaves (I used 5 because mine are not strong).
- Get Tablespoon of garlic ginger paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of onions (I blend my onions).
- Prepare 1 cup of blended ripe tomatoes.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Get 1 can of coconut milk (Leche de coco).
- Provide 1/2 of tspn turmeric, ½ tspn coriander, ½ tspn curry powder.
- You need 20 of – 30 prawns, cleaned and veined.
- Prepare of Juice from half a lemon or lime.
- Get of Chopped parsley (Dania) about a handful, for garnish.
Steps to make Coconut curry prawns:
- Directions On a medium low heat, heat the oil and add the cumin and cardamom, cook for about half a minute. Add curry leaves and bay leaves. Cook for about a minute. Next add, ginger garlic paste, stir well and let this combination of good stuff to cook for about 2 minutes. Be careful it doesn’t burn, don’t forget, your source of heat has to be on the medium low, not medium high. Add onion paste, stir and let cook for about 2 minutes or until all liquid from the onion is reduced or dried up..
- Add blended tomatoes and cook for another 3 – 4 minutes. Add the coconut milk, stir until it starts simmering, and let it for 5 minutes. I want to say something here, I used a whole can of coconut milk because my husband has a throat problem and his food needs to be very moist, but you can use up to half a can of coconut as well with the same ingredients and it will still be good..
- Dunk the prawns and the lemon/lime juice in your amazing coconut curry sauce and cook for another 2 minutes and you have done it!!! Garnish it with the chopped parsley and you can serve this with rice, ugali, naan, roti, or just eat it by itself! Why not?.
If you find this Coconut curry prawns recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.