Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Massaman Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Massaman Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One nutritious option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai massaman curry recipe. To cook thai massaman curry you only need 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Massaman Curry:
- Prepare 350 g of Chicken Meat (cut into pieces).
- Prepare 300 g of Potatoes (diced).
- Take 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Tamarind Paste (soaked in 1/2 cup warm water).
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Provide 1-2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- Use of [Marinade].
- Take 2 pinches of Salt (or more).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of White Pepper (or more).
- Prepare of [Massaman Spice Mix] – ground well.
- Get 1 pc of Cinnamon Stick.
- You need 5 pc of Cardamom Pods.
- Prepare 5 pc of Cloves.
- Get 5 pc of Black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare of [Curry Paste] – processed in a blender.
- Provide 30 g of Red Chillies (deseed).
- You need 30 g of Green Chillies (deseed).
- You need 40 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 40 g of Shallots.
- You need 20 g of Finger.
- Provide 20 g of Galangal.
- Take 1 tsp of Shrimp Paste.
Instructions to make Thai Massaman Curry:
- MARINADE; season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper and set aside for 30 minutes or more..
- CHICKEN: heat 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot. Sauté the Spice Mix for 1 minute. Then add the Chicken and coat well. Cook the Chicken until brown all over..
- PASTE & POTATOES: add the Curry Paste and Potatoes. Mix well and cook until the oil separates..
- LIQUIDS: then add in the Coconut Milk, Tamarind Juice, Palm Sugar and mix well. Bring it to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring the bottom occasionally..
- FINISH: after 10 minutes, remove the lid, and continue to cook until the gravy thickens. Garnish with Fresh Coriander Leaves and serve with rice..
If you find this Thai Massaman Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.