This Amish Onion Fritters Recipe will leave you satisfied and impressed by the incredible flavor.
If you haven’t tried corn fritters before, there is no better time than now.
Onion fritters never fail to amaze everyone who tries them. They are light and they are crispy, and oh so flavorful. The recipe is so simple, you likely have all the ingredients that you need sitting right in your pantry. To make it even better, the batter for these onion fritters can even be used to make onion rings.
- ½ C. All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. sugar, Granulated
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ C. Whole milk
- 2 C. Chopped onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
Another recipe you might want to try!
How To Make Amish Onion Fritters
- Place all of the ingredients minus the oil into a mixing bowl, and stir together until well combined.
- Heat ½ -1 inch of oil in a deep-sided skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- When the oil has reached a temperature of at least 175 degrees, drop the batter into the skillet by the tablespoonful, spreading it out a bit as you go.
- Brown the fritters on one side, flip and brown them on the other before removing to drain on a paper towel lined rack.
- Serve with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce if desired.